The institution provides a few copiers on campus that you may use for printing documents, scanning, and making copies. Employees are provided unlimited printing. Students are allocated $20 worth of printing per semester. Each printed side of a page deducts from your account. The vast majority of students never use their entire allotment. If you do, however, additional printing can be paid for at the Student Accounts Office in Greenville Central.
You can print documents from one of our labs or from your personal device. Print jobs from your personal device are sent to the cloud and retrieved at one of the campus copiers. You can log in at the copier or associate your ID badge to recognize you so that you can retrieve the print job and print in grayscale or color. You can save on your allotted print budget by selecting grayscale if color is not needed, and duplex printing.
The following locations have copiers that students can access for printing:
- Library main floor
- Greenville Central
- LaDue main floor (Education department)
- LaDue 4th floor
- Dietzman 2nd floor (Business department)
- JKL Academic Hall
- Prairie Center- University Pathways
Retrieving your print job at the copier:
- Go to the copier and you will be prompted on the display to use your ID card to login, or use your network username (this is the student ID# for students) and password to login
- If you have not associated your ID card before, hold your card up to the sticker on the front of the copier indicating where the ID card reader is located
- The display will tell you it does not recognize the card and prompt you to associate it with your login. Login with your credentials and your card will be saved so you can simply swipe in next time.
- Once logged in, the display will give you three options: 1. PRINT RELEASE - use this option to print, 2. ACCESS DEVICE - use this option to make copies, 3. SCAN - use this option to scan a document and send to your email or your Google Drive account.
PRINTING FROM YOUR PERSONAL DEVICES
GU computers issued to employees will have the FindMe copier already installed.
WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM:
- Connect Wi-Fi to GU-Connect network.
- Go to https://www.papercut.com/support/resources/manuals/mobility-print/mobility-print-devices/topics/en/client-setup-windows.html to download and run the Mobility Print installer.
- You'll be prompted to select the printers you want to use, and to enter your student ID and password (same used with my.greenville and D2L).
- When it's time to print, just print like you normally do. You should see a new printer listed as “FindMe_Copier [mainprint3](Mobility)”.
Mobility Print supports Microsoft Windows 7+.
MAC OPERATING SYSTEM:
iOS devices utilize AirPrint to send documents to our campus copiers. You can print doing the following:
- Go to a document on your phone that you want to print, such as an email attachment, Word doc, note, etc.
- Click on
- Select PRINT from your action options:
- When prompted to select your printer, choose "findme_copier"
- Enter your student ID as your username and password (same used with my.greenville and D2L) and select to print
- Connect Wi-fi to GU-Connect network.
- Install the Mobility Print app from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app.
- Tap Android settings.
- Tap Mobility Print.
- Tap the enable toggle.
- Exit out of Settings.
- Print your document. When prompted, enter your student ID and password (same used with my.greenville and D2L).
The way you print is different depending on the app you want to print from. For more information, see the documentation for the app. When you select a printer, make sure you select a Mobility Print printer as identified by the PaperCut icon
If you select the Remember me check box, your phone will remember your login details for that printer for 30 days.
If you need to assign an account to your print job, then you can do so at the MFD or via the Mobile web client.
Mobility Print supports Android 4.4+. Supported devices includes Android phones and tablets from Google, Samsung, HTC, Lenovo, LG, Sony, Huawei among others.
- Connect Wi-Fi to GU-Connect network.
- Install the Mobility Print Chrome app.
- If you want to print from Android applications such as Microsoft Word:
- Enable Google Play store as a user or as an Administrator.
- Install the Mobility Print Android app from the Google Play Store.
- Click Open.
- Click Android settings.
- Click Mobility Print.
- Click the enable toggle.
- Open the page to print.
- The way you print is different depending on the app you're printing from. For more information, see the documentation for the app. When you select a printer, make sure you select a Mobility Print printer as identified by the PaperCut icon .
- Print the content.
- For example, to print from Microsoft Word, press Ctrl+P, select a printer; then click Print.
- When prompted, sign in.
- Android apps are available only on supported devices. To see if your Chromebook supports Android app printing, see Chrome OS Systems Supporting Android Apps.
- Your Chromebook must run Chrome OS version 53+.
- If you are unsure whether or not your apps are Android apps:
- Open the Play Store app.
- Click the menu; then select My Apps and Games.
- Click the Installed tab. A list of the Android apps installed on your Chromebook is displayed.
Mobility Print supports Chrome OS with Chrome version 69+ for Chrome apps and version 53+ for Android apps.